Wednesday, November 22, 2006

WaLKing ThrOugh tHe JuNgLE~

Because one of the teachers didn't come to the school, I was tired today.


Anyway~~I took all the kids..well, not all but a half of them were under MY control~haha


I read a story named " Walking through the Jungle" which I bought at 禮竹 to them....


It was not the first time I read this story, so they were not so interested when I took out the book...until.....


I read the book with the moves, "walking through the jungle, what do u see? Can u hear a noise? what would that be? " "Ssssss~~~"





The kids finally realized what I want them to do is copy my moves and repeat what I said....We did all the actions like "walking, running,creeping, wading, swinging...",( Now I understand how it feels to roll and creep with kids all over the floor) then, I turned the class into a ZOO by imitating all the animals sounds. There were snakes, tigers, monkeys, lions, elephants and the most scary alligators in my class....





I was really surprised that even though they only listened the story once, the kids could really recognize all the different sounds. When I said "trumpt ~~~" they replied "elephant" immediatly....."Chitar~~~""MONkey" they said....





In the end, we read and did all the actions without the book and I chased them if they didn't go to a certain place when I said "Over there an alligator looking for his tea, """HOpe it's not ME~~~"""


what funny is, there was one kid asked me " do we need to run if u say "over there a ""LION"" looking for his tea?".......


silly kid, u got to run as long as I say "Hope it's not ME"~~and I am gonna chase you no matter I am an elephant or a monkey....^&^*

No comments: